New destination: Hongkong

Hong Kong Travel Blog

At the Beijing Airport.
After having our last breakfast at Beijing Shatan Hotel, we went to the airport and take our flight to Hongkong. It was done by Dragon Air, the subsidiary of Cathay Pasific. The code of our flight was KA907. The scheduled flight was from 10.00 in the morning from Beijing, arrive in Hongkong at 13.45 pm.

Soon when we arrived, after the usual ritual of taking back our luggages from the conveyor belt and going through the immigration counters, we met my husband's uncle, who has been living in Hongkong for years and never have been back to Indonesia since then. He looked like a confused man, always confused of where to go, which ticket to buy, and so on. Thus, he made me confused too since I was wondering how he can survive in a foreign country like this for such a long time and without knowing any details of it.
In the train to go to downtown.

After feel sorry for deciding to count on him, finally I and the group managed to get to the train that took us to Hongkong downtown. The train is superb, very smooth, clean, comfortable, and comes every 2 minutes or so.

Hongkong is expensive based on our standard of living. The train to go to downtown costs almost IDR 500,000 in total (= USD 50). There was six of us (Raka is excluded from the obligation of paying the ticket) and even the tickets we bought were under a special promotion price.

We arrived in downtown within half an hour more or less. Then, we continued the journey by going down to get the underground train. Surprised by the hectic crowd of Hongkong people, we moved because of the people flow walk fast in front, beside, and behind us.
Rara loves to ride the train.
It was crazy. I did not like it. It looked like everybody were always in a hurry. And isolated from everybody else.

Finally, we stop at the targeted station. I forgot the name of the station. We got out and walk for around 300 m before we reach the apartment where we will spend an overnight there. It belongs to an Indonesian couple, like my husband's uncle, has been living in Hongkong for many years.

Without resting, after put our luggages and got introduced ourselves to the lady who run the daily maintenance inside the apartment, we went down and took lunch nearby. The apartment where we lived, located in a shopping area. So, we did not have any difficulties to get a restaurant for having our dinner there.

After the dinner finished, we went to a night market that was located a few stations away from the station nearby to our apartment. So, we followed my husband's uncle to see the place. We only bought some tiny things, just as souvenirs for the people back home.

Then, we went back to the apartment and fell asleep quickly.

Next day: Go back home
Rara loves to ride the train.
With a bruise on his forehead. Oh,…
With a bruise on his forehead. Oh…
On the side of Hongkong street.
On the side of Hongkong street.
51,884 km (32,239 miles) traveled