Free day in Ubud

Ubud Travel Blog

Lazy wake up, again!

Being lazy on the pool's bed, again!

The pool's bed is the best, seeing the sunrise, being lazy, listening the well, that's life baby!

The Ubud market

Wow!!

Bargain a lot! Damn, I needed at least 50 Euros to buy many things, the prices are really good: T-Shirt: 10.000IDR (0.7 Euros), Dress: 45.000IDR (3 Euros) ....

I suggest to everybody going to Bali to spend a few hours the Ubud Market, really bargain prices and really nice things...

Bakso Solo

Why? Because Sari! Is her bussiness...well one of them ;) I promise her that we will try it... and we did it! It's located on the Ubud's main street Cross, 100 meters from the police station

It's quite simple, but here, you will taste the real balinesse food, the one that people eat daily, the food was good and the price was extremely cheap: 15000IDR :o

Lucky us Sari come to meet us, and also to bring us to the market again, we only could stay there like 15 minutes coz we had an appointment.

The views are incredible, a rice paddie

Verona Spa

It's located on a narrow street on Monkey Forest Road, after Football ground, it's at the end of the street, the location seems to be crappy, but once you reach your room you get amazed, rice paddies in front of you

We arrived late, but after a missunderstanding (about our reservation) finally they lead us to our room, for a 3 hours treatement:

2 hours balinesse massage: Was great, they give you an small underwear and let you take a shower before, before massage you took a 30 minutes flower and oil bath, looking at the rice paddies while you drink a kind of tea...heaven baby!

1 hour facial: Arg! So deep! but you feel great

The price 440000IDR (30Euros) for 3 hours x 2 people, not bad!!

Monkey forest

To see the family, you know, I'm a "Tood lin", so we went to see them with 3 or 4 small bananas we took from our villa, there I choose the small ones and give them the banana.

With Bro
..have to take care with them, specially the big ones, was fun because once you give him the banana, I try to touch him..."Don't touch me!" he moves his hand ha ha ha

We heard thet they could be agressive, we could hear some fights and that's all but at the end we went to an area where seems that nobody have beenand them it happens: I think that I could scare an small monkey, he didn't saw me aproaching, then sudently many of them comes arround us, at the begining we though that they want some food and they try to catch the bag where I had Aioh's new bag (a hard to bargain shoping for 75000IDR) OMG lucky monkeys, if they catch Aioh's Bag she would kill all of them ha ha ha But they don't want the bag just let us go, ufffffffffffff!

Buying something

I felt a little bit dissapointed because I can't buy any painting, on the market, for my living room, but on Monkey Forest Road, you can find a loot of "galleries" there you can bargain withe the artists, finally I took a 120000IDR one, they pack it for the plane (But unfortunately while I unpack it get a little bit broken :( )

Kecak

That night we decide to see the Kecak, once we arrive there frist dissapointing :p the price that it was on the guide 55000 on the entrance was 75000IDR, ok ok Kecak was great and really amusingyou don't need to understand nothing it's really visual, the last man playing with fire was amazing

Nomad

Many people suggest us to go there, so finally we try it! The food is really good, also the juices and desserts, I recomend it, the price was like 150000IDR or something like this.

ratu says:
It's a deal!
Posted on: Jun 19, 2009
ary_tyas says:
LOVE to have you around guys. So much fun with JC family (monyet=monkey) kik kik kik....

Next August will be more fun then :-)
Posted on: Jun 19, 2009
ratu says:
You killed all of us!
:p
Posted on: Apr 22, 2009
Quite simple but yummy!
The views are incredible, a rice p…
The views are incredible, a rice …
Ubud Market
Ubud Activities
Ubud Activities
Ubud Nightlife & Entertainment review
Heaven
Bali is a "massage land", there you can find massages from 45.000IDR/hour (3 Eur) to 200$/hour(140Eur). But 80.000-100.000 IDR/h(6-7 Eur), is an avera… read entire review
Ubud