Homeward Bound

Las Vegas Travel Blog

Sadly, the time to return to St. Louis came all too soon!  Once again, we packed our bags and prepared to leave....I had decided I would not check my old duffel bag again (see the first posts) and would just pack the body wash in a plastic bag as required.  After we arrived at the airport and I hauled my bag to the security line, I was really tired.  The dreaded words, "bag check, bag check here" and they directed me to the side.  There a zealous TSA employee informed me that she needed to "go through my bag" although the plastic bag with the body wash was outside the bag and right on top.  She pulled the $16 body wash out, examined it, and said I either had to throw it away or go back to the ticket counter to check it (another $15). I was tired and not willing to shell out any more $$ for the stuff and allowed her to trash it (although she actually just set it aside, hmmm).  She then proceeded to go through my entire bag, happily discarding face cream and an unmarked 3.5 oz. bottle of shampoo....the darned body wash now equaled, $16 + $15 + $5 (face cream) + $2 (shampoo in bottle)....I was so frustrated!  Now nothing remained but to drag the rest of my stuff off to the side & repack the duffel to haul it through the rest of the airport & home...grrrrrrr.
Las Vegas