EuropeGermanyUlm

Ulm

Ulm Travel Blog

We were nearby so we decided to drive over to Ulm to see the World's Tallest Cathedral.  This apparently isn't a real cathedral because it was never the seat of a bishop, but they call it one anyway.  It wasn't really as impressive as some of the others we've visited, but it was nice to see.  I couldn't get back far enough to get a picture of the whole thing, but I got from the top and bottom! :O)  We went over to the city's information center to check it out and they had a model of the cathedral, so I got a picture of that one all in one frame!  We also walked around the city a little so we got to see some fountains and birds that looked like they crash landed into the sand.  After returning home, I learned that Ulm had a "Sparrow Invasion" in 2001 where hundreds of birds were placed around the city as part of a fundraiser for recontruction on the Ulm M√ľnster.  We actually got a picture of a couple, but one I thought was a hummingbird.  They have all kinds and make them look like different birds or professions.  Looks like they just had fun with it and made them however they wanted to.
20 km (12 miles) traveled