home again!

London Travel Blog

My bed is so soft! Its nice but quite strange being home and I've already started clearing to make way for all my new things.  We only went to hospital 7 times when we were away, but we did manage to go husky dog riding in Siberia, climb the great wall of China, see the Killing fields in Cambodia, go blowpipe hunting in Malaysia, work in the slums in India, visit the Taj Mahal, meet the Dalai Lama and go on safari in Nepal. Not much! It has really been a fantastic trip though and its so important to realise that most of the world does not live at all like us, even though other countires across the world are so similar in so many ways - mud huts are pretty universal! Most countries do not have pavements, cars honk their horns continuously, sewers are designed to be open, Mirinda is the national drink, beer should be cheap, you always have to stand on buses and people make a living grabbing your arm to sell you clothes, drugs, jewelery and pineapples.  England is so quiet, beer is expensive, they dont sell lassi's, fruit is horrible and its cold, but despite that, it really is lovely to be home :-)
travelman727 says:
You're so right. Those of us who are blessed to live well materially need to be reminded of the things that are truly important and eternal: faith, hope and love. It's always great seeing new places and discovering new cultures; but like the Wizard of Oz' Dorothy says about my state of Kansas, "There's no place like home."
Posted on: Jul 21, 2006