Just when I was starting to learn some Czech...

Krakow Travel Blog

Just a short one...I made it safely to Krakow this evening after yet another hard farewell to my travel buddy the last few weeks who is now returning home after his six-month trip abroad.  However, as often happens as you travel, I ran into a couple of gals from Australia on the train who are staying at the same hostel, so I will at least have some dinner companions tonight.  Then tomorrow I will set out and see what Krakow has to offer!
chrisrae says:
Thanks to you both for letting me know about it and getting back to me. I really freaked when I saw the headline this morning here. Unbelievable...much love to you both.
Posted on: Aug 02, 2007
bretaye says:
Hey. No worries about the middle of the night text. I called mom right away after the news broke. She crossed the bridge at 4 pm. Two hours before it collapsed. Thank god for that. As far as I know, no one we knew was on that bridge. Will keep you updated if any news changes. Love you and am thinking of you!
Posted on: Aug 02, 2007
mielikki says:
Hey Hon, As you know by now, tradegy in Minneapolis here. I txted you on it. The 35W bridge crossing the Mississippi between University & Washington collapsed into the river today at 6:05pm. Very sad. Pray for the victims - a lot of people on the bridge during the heart of rush hour, with a Twins game. A lot of heroism here. Multiple DNR conservation officers from my region and the central office were dispatched for recovery. Chris -water patrol were on seen for rescue and now recovery -you could've been there since you went through some training & had strong interest. Sad to say we've had a lot of drownings in the metro this summer. Pretty impressive of the quality of the recovery efforts. Chris - call me some time when your budget allows. Miss ya!
Posted on: Aug 01, 2007