The Worm Hole...

Inishmore Travel Blog

The "Worm Hole"

So last night I went out to the pub with the hostel manager Glen from NZ and his couch surfers from Norway and Sweden, along with two German gals and one French.  I've been feeling quite at home in the pubs here.  Reminds me of being home at the pubs, except everyone here is really Irish and no one is wearing any medieval garb like they are at the Rennaissance Festival.

I decided to stay another day and I sure am glad.  Glen took me and his couch surfers biking to a place near the Celtic Fort called the Worm hole.  It's this perfectly rectangular area wore into the side of the cliff (see pic).  Apparently some crazy people have actually jumped in.  Then he had us scale up the side of the cliff with the waves crashing below.  Much to our delite we all made it.  Lovely day.  This afternoon some relaxing, maybe another jaunt around the island and then probably off to Galway tomorrow.  It will be hard to leave this beautiful and peaceful island!

mamadee2001 says:
It is so beautiful there. I thank you for sharing it with us folks here in the states. Enjoy your time exploring those scenic vistas and keep us updated with pics and info. XOXO
Posted on: Jun 05, 2007
The Worm Hole
The "Worm Hole"
The not-so-easy way back.
The not-so-easy way back.
Inishmore