Toga time

Budapest Travel Blog

I'm in this mess somewhere.
Yesterday I managed to get a little more done than read my book in the shade. I decided to find the Central Market in Pest, which I did, but I just walked around, smelling the fruit, looking at the meats hanging about and looking at the wares.  From there I strolled to the National Museum and caught up a little on Hungarian history from way back.  Luckily most of the permanent exhibits in the museums are free, although they are hosting some great temporary ones right now.  The Fine Arts has an Inca exhibit and National one on Ghengis Khan.  There was even a ger/yurt out front of the museum!  Brought back memories from my trip last year.

After that I decided to go chill in the backyard of the hostel to read, which I did until we ran out of light and they chased us inside.  Eventually one of the guys that runs the hostel decided it was toga party night (again).  I missed Monday's so I happily joined in.  First a Kiwi and I set off to buy wine down the road and as we were leaving we saw the hostel manager outside, assuring a neighbor we would keep the noise down.  However, he was standing in the street in a toga so I'm not sure how convincing he was.

I can't seem to keep up with the party pace here, though. I mean, people go all night.  No one really leaves to go out since they figure, we go out to meet people and everyone here is like a big family.  While clothed in our togas, a group of us Americans had a serious conversation about politics (which I haven't done in ages), but by about 2 a.m., I had enough and called it a night.
Im in this mess somewhere.
I'm in this mess somewhere.
photo by: Chokk