Still on the island...

Inishmore Travel Blog

Well, here I am having another perfect day on Inishmore.  I cannot seem to get myself to leave here.  It is beautiful here (weather has been splendid), quiet and I've come to know staff here at Mainistir House Hostel.  It feels like family here.  The owner is a bit eccentic (quite a mystery and hates people), but it adds to the character here.  But if I don't leave soon, it'll be like Gilligan's Island and I won't be able to leave.  I've become so lazy too.  All I did today was get up really late (went out to the pub again last night with the staff and other gals), and then went for a walk into the Village for lunch (the nearby town) and then found a spot on the coast to read a book for a few hours.  Then a quick walk up to the grocery store with Glen the hostel manager for supplies, and that's about it.  So no pics today...

So I think I better get moving because it is tempting just to stay here for the summer even - well, they stamped my passport for June 16th, so I best get moving to Dublin!  I know there are other greal places to see as well and hopefully other great hostels.

Well, that's it for today.  Hopefully I'll manage to get onto the ferry at noon heading to Galway tomorrow.  But for now, I'm still in paradise!

kingelvis14 says:
I completely understand the peacefulness and solitude you describe here. It's nice to be still and unhurried from time to time.
Posted on: Jan 17, 2008
southafricangirl says:
This sounds like a wonderful place to visit, ill keep it in mind as i would love to see Island. I have a friend from there and she says its wonderful.
Posted on: Jun 05, 2007