New mode of transport

Selcuk Travel Blog

So I took the overnight bus to Selcuk and arrived here around 6 a.m. and it was still dark out.  I had a business card with map on the back for the hostel.  I knew I needed to head west and checked my compass and thought I had it worked out.  However after a few minutes walking I thought it best to stop for help.  I went inside a hotel and a guy was working.  He looked at my card and was confused and finally signaled the other way.  I was heading east not west.  I realized and was about to leave but he got on the phone and called the hostel and then motioned for me to sit and wait.  A short time later a guy pulled up on a moped and came in and grabbed my bag.  Wasn't sure how that was going to work but he put my bag in front of him and climbed on and then I got on back and off we went.  I was smiling like you wouldn't believe.  He quickly checked me in and then off for a few more hours of sleep.  This hostel is beautiful with a rooftop terrace and mountains on the horizon.  There are Turkish baths and great beaches nearby and at Ephesus outside of Selcuk the remains of one of the ancient wonders of the world.  Can't wait to see the place so off I go!

shawnmlhk says:
you will have to do a hostel review at some point, that would be great. backpack guesthouse sounded cool.
Posted on: Oct 06, 2007
sheffey3 says:
Cris, I deal with several clients from Turkey. If you need anything they have already offered up thier families help. They also told me to tell you that most of the verbal harassment is harmless and if you actually said Hello back the men would probably be too shy to respond. Please let me know if you need any help or direction from some locals.
Posted on: Sep 21, 2007