Arriving from 58 days at sea

Mindelo Travel Blog

So here it is I've just got back from my trip at sea. I was in a commercial fishing vessel working as a marine biologist, so I collected lots of data on swordfish fishing and tested new fishing gear. All in all it was really cool. Regarding Cape Vert it is now with much more people, a bit more full of turists. It is a fun place and you only need to go to some places to see it.
It has a relatively decent nightlife but I would only recommend it if you enjoy zouk or african music in general. I do recommend go to the beach at night time near there at fridays and saturday's there's a gathering of local musicians were they play their mornas and traditional songs. A must to world music lovers...

A swim at the mindelo beach or a walk to the another beach at 4 miles were you can see to shipwrecks, or just a walk up to the hill were you can see the full of mindelo, these are a few things I did and recommend doing. Also a drink at Cafe del mar in the central square is a good experience the girls there are really nice and it is also a internet cafe.

Talking about  coffee, Cape verde is how should I put this... an aquired taste, a bit strong, even for my taste, which if I was american it meant 100x more strong than you know and love :D

All in all if you want a diferent view of africa come to cape verde, a mist between africa and europe with it's unique particularities. In all has a vacation spot maybe I would not return unless I was searching just for sun and beach.

photo by: MunteanUK