Vegas

Las Vegas Travel Blog

What can I say.  Vegas is Vegas.  It's ridiculous and eccentric by any means.  It's a 4 hr drive from LA so we randomly head there from time to time.   Vegas is always a great time, but don't believe anything that 'happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.'   I more realistic motto might be "What happens in Vegas.....everyone will know because someone will tell them!"  Plan to spend money.  Plan to loose money.  And plan to enjoy it.  If you can't live by that credo then my suggestion is to stay home.  Trust me, the casinos are NOT amazingly ornate and gaudy because they're cheap, comp everything, or loose money.

The epiphany we reached this weekend (in our random stupor):  1) buildings are definitely further away than they look.  Why?  Because they're enormous and designed with double story windows to deceive the average onlooker into thinking "It's just a short walk to that one over there.  Let's check it out."  (they thought of everything...);  and 2) there is NO WHERE to sit down in Vegas (aside from those chairs in front of the slot machines or at the tables, of course)....hmmmm?

Las Vegas Hotels & Accommodations review
Centered on the middle of 'The Strip,' the Bellagio has prime location for you to make your way just about anywhere you'd want to go in Vegas. The Ve… read entire review
Las Vegas