Day 4 - Stanley market

Hong Kong Travel Blog

Stanley beach
This morning me and my friend Yoyo went to Stanley on the south side of Hong Kong Island. We met at Central station and the took the bus to Stanley. The south side of the island is completely different to the crowded northern part. It somehow reminded me of southern Europe, like France or Croatia. Curvy road meandering through rocky hills...
We were kinda lucky with the weather. A little foggy and cold, but no rain. I think it took us 30 or 40 minutes to get to Stanley. They have a nice market there. My friend Yoyo bought some nice brand clothes for her little daughter Nina there. Just a 5 minute walk away from the market, you'll find yourself at one of the beautiful beaches. As the weather wasn't that perfect that morning, there wouldn't be anyone on the beach. I think this could be a very nice place to hang out when the sun is shining and it's a little warmer.
Appartment house near Repulse Bay

We went back to the bus station and took the mini bus to Repulse Bay. They have this huge and nice looking appartment building with the giant hole in the middle. They put this hole there because of Feng Shui. Looks very nice. The Repulse Bay beaches are nice, reminded me of the beaches on Mallorca, Spain. Unlike Mallorca, not a single person on the beach though. As my friend has to go back to work, we took the bus back to Central.

I took the MTR back to Causeway Bay to do some shopping. I went to Times Square shopping mall to check out the shops that sell all the electronic stuff.
Quite nice, but somehow I didn't find something to buy... it's too sad, but I just got everthing I need.

After hanging out at the shopping mall, I went back to the Hotel by tram.

Later that day, I went to IFC mall again, took the ferry to Tsim Sha Tsui for my second TravBuddy meet up.
We went to a very nice chinese restaurant there for dinner, Sweet Dynasty in Canton Street. Very delicious food, thank you so much for taking me there, Chispa, you've been very sweet! :-)
And thanks for not making me eat chicken feet or something haha

We walked around after dinner, went to the fortune tellers in whats-the-name-of-the-street-again...

Lovely evening, I had so much fun!

Went back to the hotel by MTR from Tsim Sha Tsui.

*sigh* Still, it's so great to be here!