Seattle Times

Seattle Travel Blog

My first trip to the northwest was to Seattle, Wa about a month ago...we only spent the weekend there and didnt make many specific plans so we just winged it.  Our real mission was to try the Crab Pot restaurant. I saw an episode of Man vs. Food where he dined there and he said it was a must!! More on that later.  We first flew into Seattle in the morning, much too early to check in to our hotel so we headed straight for the Emerald City.  After driving around aimlessly for a half hour or so, passing the needle and the pier, we found a parking spot and walked to Pike Place Market.   There was a cheese and wine festival going on so it was packed. Plus, the great weather helped.  The weekend definitely did not resemble those overcast days that i have come to read or hear about.  Pike Place was very cool.  The seafood looked amazing and we got to see a little of the famous fish throwing.  The red sox were in town playing the mariners so it definitely was not a pleasant site to see all of those red sox fans walking around.   We passed by the stadium and it looked like a really nice park.  I wish we had more time in seattle to do more acitivities.  Puget Sound looked really nice and a sunset cruise would have been great.
1,545 km (960 miles) traveled