A laaaazy day ...

Mancora Travel Blog

the view from the room
Among all the things we bought yesterday, we got some repellent. Unfortunately it wasn't a good one. I wasn't woken up by any rooster this time, but by itchy mosquito bites... also I was so thirsty... Nevermind, my friend woke up too and looked the pisco bottle. It was almost all gone. Hey! Don't look at me! I didn't have pisco - well, this time, hahaha.

Before going to bed, I did the dishes, well except of the pan. So I was washing it, when he asked when we used it. "Are you kidding me?" "Don't you remember you were cooking last night after coming back from the bar?" hahaha. Of course after eating that much at night, we weren't hungry at all during the morning. We got ready to go to the beach and just relax. When I was closing the door I met the girls. They weren't used to pisco and had a terrible hangover, hahaha.
the living room
Their plans for the day included staying inside the whole morning and avoid the sunlight, hahaha.

Well, that wasn't an option for me. I couldn't miss the sun, no way! We were just chilling out at the beach and later went for a walk along it and ended up at the "shopping center" hahaha. Got something to drink and eat - some shrimps, hahaha. It was Saturday but the beach looked empty. Well, next week it might be crowded - Easter long weekend. Before going back to the hotel, we decided to do some shopping in town...

Back at the hotel he took his surfboard and left in order to look for nice waves. I went to the pool and was switching between it and the beach, hahaha. I saw the girls there and they were feeling much better. There were new people at the hotel. A Dutch couple arrived and were enjoying the pool too.
of course, the pisco
They would spend 4 weeks in the country and decided to start relaxing at the beach. The girl wanted to take sun and the guy wanted to surf. Well, it was my duty to tell him that waves weren't so good at this time. My friend was back and didn't have much luck this time. Anyway, they were more into the trekking so I was giving them some tips about where to go and how to travel around the country. Hopefully we could meet when they arrive to Lima.

We didn't have plans for later besides staying lazy, hahaha. So I went to the front desk to get some videos. We had a dvd and we could lend some videos, yay! While I was there I met the owner of the hotel. He's a Scottish guy who decided to leave his busy life back and moved to the beach, how nice! He let me know his wife was about giving birth soon and they were looking for a nanny.
little friend!
Ok... Then he asked what I thought about working as a nanny in the paradise, hahaha. That guy was hilarious and he started to call me: nanny!

When I went back to the room, my friend has already started to cook. He was cooking some pasta. He was making the sauce with a bit of onions, tomatoes, garlic and chili, mmm, interesting. Then he noticed the almost empty bottle of pisco and decided not to waste what was left, so he added some pisco to that sauce... well, it was tasty! I'm not a huge fan of pasta, so I didn't have much, but it was delicious. Although it was Saturday, we stayed quiet that night. Liver needed a break, hahaha. I didn't have any alcohol that night, well just the bit of pisco of the pasta sauce ;)
yadilitta says:
hahaha, yes I know it. I like pasta but not my fav food :P
Posted on: Apr 10, 2009
the kitchenet
the kitchenet
Mancora General Tips & Advice review
Shopping in Mancora
Mancora is a small and laid back town in front of the beach. So the possibilities of shopping there are very limited, but even though there are some t… read entire review
Mancora