Would we make it on time???

Mancora Travel Blog

leaving the hotel
No mosquito bites this time, yay!!! Well, we were leaving today at noon, so before going to the beach better leaving everything already packed. My friend took his surfboard and decided to surf before going back to Lima. Almost 15min after I was leaving when I saw him coming back, mmm? What's up? "No waves...." Ohhhhh. I went for a bit of sun and then came back. He needed some card board to wrap the surfboard. We would take a bus to Piura and didn't want anything happens to the surfboard. I went downstairs to look for some. I asked one of the girls at the front desk, but she told me they didn't have any, mmm. I was about going to the town when I saw the owner of the hotel. He shouted: "Nanny!" hahaha. I asked him about cardboard and he gave me a couple of big boxes, cool!

Now it was time to get ready to departure.
what? didn't you say 1:30pm?!?!?
Sad, but true. The other day when we were in town, we checked the departure schedule from the straight bus Mancora - Piura and there was one leaving at 1pm. This one was perfect for us. We arrived to the agency at 12:40pm and I asked the girl for 2 tickets for the next bus and she told me the bus was leaving at 2pm! what!?!?! That was too late for us. We should be in Piura at 5 the latest... The girl told me that there was a mistake when they told me they had a bus at 1pm. We were worried because we had to check in the surfboard at the airport, which could take long...

The girl made a phone call and let me know the bus was in its way and would be in Mancora at 1:20 - 1:30pm. Ok, if it were so... We'd be able to arrive on time, furthermore this bus wouldn't make multiple stops, so there we go! She wrote the bus tickets and I noticed she wrote under departure time: "1:45pm" What?!?!? My friend almost had a heart attack, hahaha. Take a deep breath.

Well, the bus arrived at 1:30pm, so everything was fine. There was space for the surfboard too, yay! We were feeling better, when we noticed the bus stopped. What was going on? Well, there weren't more people going on board, but they were picking some packages, damn! Hopefully after the 4th stop, they wouldn't do it again...
leaving the hotel
what? didnt you say 1:30pm?!?!?
what? didn't you say 1:30pm?!?!?
bus ticket