Arriving to Mancora, found accommodation and get the party started :P

Mancora Travel Blog

arriving to Mancora, finally!
Finally it was about 7:30 when we arrived to Mancora. It wasn't the high season, so finding accomodation wouldn't be a problem at all. My friend had a phone number and I called them. The lady told me they had availability, sweet! The taxi driver drove us there. They weren't right in front of the beach, although really close. They weren't located in the main street, which would make it quiet and perfect to relax... The minute we stopped there, I recognized the place. I read about it here on TB! hahaha. The place had a nice review and I would write one too, yay!

It had a "Bali" style, nice! There were plenty of bungalows to choose, lol. So we went for a 2nd floor one. We didn't have any clue how long we would stay here, since we wanted to check other beaches too.
who was drinking this?
Just took a quick shower and was ready to go, hehehe. We went downstairs, this place looked so peaceful, how nice! But it was time to go to the town and explore it.

Well, the town is really small. Restaurants, pubs, bars, stores, etc are located on the main avenue which is also the highway. So be careful when you are crossing it ;) Wow! usually the town is crowded, but it looked like a ghost town. Well, maybe because it was Thursday and low season... No worries, we'd rule the town, lol.

We were walking for quite a while to trying to find what was going in town. First stop was a store where we got some water and pisco of course, hahaha. Then we decided to get something to eat. Of course if you are in Mancora you should get delicious fish and seafood, but you usually have it here just for lunch, so we decided to have something different.
ready for the first toast in Mancora
I have been in Mancora just once before, but not my friend, so I wouldn't be the leader this time. Haha, so bizarre we ending going to a pizzeria and having Italian food in Mancora, hahaha. But it was tasty. They had good music and it was a good place to chat and relax.

After a delicious meal (seafood salad, pizza & wine), we decided to look for some action. There were lots of bars offering "Happy hours", but they looked so empty... We were almost at the end of the road when we saw one, that had some people inside, so we decided to try it. It was a small place, but had a nice atmosphere. Funny thing about the "Happy hours" here, they last all night long, hahaha. No complains at all :P

The bartender was a nice guy who was from Israel. Somehow he ended living here, lol. Well, he was living in Lima for a while and when he "discovered" this laid back town, didn't think it twice and moved to the north, nice! I had Maracuya Sours (Pisco with Passion fruit) and my friend wanted to try the straight pisco, but not the one we bought.
at the bar
We asked the bartender which pisco they had and he smiled and said: "pisco casero" (house pisco), mmm, that sounded dangerous. Well, I didn't have it straight just in cocktails, hahaha. We stayed there until past midnight. I could have stayed longer, but it has been a long day and tomorrow we should get up early to check the waves and well start the research we were here to do... of course sunbathing was a must too :P

who was drinking this?
ready for the first toast in Manco…
ready for the first toast in Manc…
nice atmosphere
nice atmosphere
Mancora Nightlife & Entertainment review
Fun multitask bar: Iguana's Place :)
Iguana's place is a multitask location, hahaha. They are a restaurant for lunch, but didn't have a wide menu. In the morning they are a tour agency an… read entire review
Mancora Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Best pizzeria & Italian food in town: Chan Chan
Chan Chan offers the best variety of 100% Italian food in a cozy European environment in town. They are specialized in pizzas, pastas, lasagnas,… read entire review
Mancora