Time for home

Sofia Travel Blog

We got up early and went down to breakfast - the snow topped mountains looked fabulous from the glass lift. we grabbed breakfast, which had a fair amount of choice but was again of poor standard. Still, it filled a hole and we checked out. We grabbed a cab and went to the airport before heading back to England.

The trip was a short one but the buildings and monuments were well worth it. It still continues to shock me the difference between these magnificent buildings and the buildings which people use as homes. English is still not widely spoken here which is nice in some ways because it provides a good insight to culture and means we have to try a bit harder to communicate with the locals but its also quite frustrating when you get ripped off for being foreign (I add here that this isnt just a bulgarian thing and that in general the Bulgarian people were friendly enough!)

Overall, I dont think I'd go back to Bulgaria but I would recommend people go and experience the Cathedral there. Quite unbelievable. Although we were only there a day or so, the experience was certainly eye opening.