St. Paul's Cathedral

London Travel Blog

Religios Art in Middlesex Chapel

Large painting of Jesus knocking on a door wanting [them] to follow. Inscription: "Behold I stand at the door and knock, if any man hear my voice and open the door I will come in to him and will symp with him and he with me." - The Light of the World

Jesus has a halo around His head. It is glowing. Dark trees in the black-night. Has on a royal robe. Very extravagant. Carrying a lantern. Ivy and greens around the door. Makes me feel safe. I know that Jesus is going to one day knock on my door and ask me to come Home with Hime. His eyes look so passionate, merciful, and loving. It looks as though He's longing for [someone] to answer the door.

I really did enjoy St. Paul's Cathedral very much. Abby, Mary, and I walked up all of the steps to the very top. It was an amazing view of London from that high! Very windy that day might I add. On a Sunday during our trip we decided to attend service at St. Paul's. It was truly something to see/feel. The singing (even though I didn't understand some of the chants) was very "real" and natural. Very beautiful and an experience I will always treasure.

London