Fun day at the beach of scheveningen

Scheveningen Travel Blog

a nice day at the beach

Another day at my birthtown Scheveningen!

The last week we don't have anything to complaine, the weather is great here in the Netherlands! So, we thought: Time to go to the beach!!!

With my sister in law and two nephews we went to the beach at scheveningen. We hired a couple of beds, we didn't need a parasol, and the kids began to make a sandcastle right away. After rubbing ourselfs with sunlotion f. 20 we lay ourselfs on the bed and for 10 minutes we enjoyed the sun with a big satisfied smile on our face.

But, you know how it goes with kids, you never get rest haha, after 10 minutes they asked for something to drink and to help with making the sandcastle! We tried to get out of it but after a while I gave up and I was helping them with the castle! Wim and my sister in Law were laughing, but furtive I loved every minute of it.

a nice day at the beach

Some parents and children were busy with flying a kite.  It was nice looking at it! Some tried to swim in the freezing cold seawater, my nephews included. They beged me to go in the water too, and you'll guess, there is not much that I won't do for them, these are the advantages and disadvantages of being an aunt I guess haha. I love swimming myself and had never difficulties to swim in cold water, but this time I was a real coward and only tried the water with my toes! My nephews were laughing loud and the people that walked by were laughing too! I guess I was making a fool of myself.

The weather wasn't to hot, sometimes the sun went after clouds and than it was a little chilly but that didn't matter to us, we had a great first beachday of this year anyway!

After eating a nice italian icecream, we slowly walked back to home, another lovely day in Scheveningen! Till the next time!

moshers_moll says:
Hey Petra, we went to Scheveningen today too. Not surprised I didn't see you, seeing as though it looked like half of the country decided to visit Scheveningen today! :-)
Posted on: Jun 04, 2009