Windy City Hooters

Chicago Travel Blog

Smile Stupid!

We had just spend a long first day flying into Chicago and then taking an afternoon cruise on Lake Michigan and the Chicago River. It was now about 4:30 and we headed back to our River North hotel for a nap.

Once we, that being wife Margo and daughter, Jessi, awoke we were all pretty hungry. We had planned to eat at a place near the hotel and Hooters was only a few blocks away.

We arrived and as is Hooters policy we got to sit pretty much where ever we want. We sat and looked at the menu, which are kept on the tables and waited. And waited. And waited. Finally, our waitress, Phara, stopped by and apologized. There had been some sort of mix up about who was covering what, and I guess she must have gotten the short straw.

Once we had Phara’s attention, service was pretty good. The food was normal for Hooters, which means that it not great, but it ain’t bad either. But, I’ve never had a bad beer at any Hooters, and the scenery is always nice. But, this experience lacked a certain amount of the festive and charged atmosphere that it normally there. I’m guessing that because today was Monday, and while we were on vacation, and every day is Saturday, to the rest of the city it was back to the grind.

Margo took my picture with four of the lovely ladies and we got Jessi her Hooters clothing. Another successful stop. It was now off to the Navy Pier to round off the day.

sylviandavid says:
Ha Ha.... hooters.... Doesn't sound like it was much to hoot about... but it's always good to have a great beer....
Posted on: Apr 10, 2009