Hurricanes and Hooters

Orlando Travel Blog

2004 was quite the travel year for me, but most of it was for work. The Hurricane Train that ripped through Florida that summer sent me to our Orlando distribution center to help my counterpart there deal with all of the mess and lost inventory. I flew down a total of three times, once after Charley, once after Frances, and finally once after Ivan tore through

Once again Hooters was there to help ease a little tension. This trip to Hooters had an educational outcome to it. My waitress, whose name I forget (How does that happen when her name tag is where it’s at), taught me a bar tip that I have always remembered. I keep your napkin from sticking to the bottom of your beer bottle, sprinkle the napkin with salt. Works everytime.

I didn’t get a picture this time, either. But this time it was not totally my fault. I didn’t bring my camera, on this third trip. This was a business trip and usually there was no time for anything else. I had taken all of the "damage" photos I needed. And Ivan haddened added anything new to the piles of debris. Still, I have learned to always pack my camera.

photo by: Reephboy