A Hooters Quickie

Ontario Travel Blog

May of 2006 saw me in Southern California helping our Ontario, CA warehouse become our Riverside, CA warehouse. I flew into Ontario and stayed in Riveside, working in that part of town. As is normal, there was no time for any fun. We were so busy, we barely had time to eat or sleep.

On May 14th, when it was time to leave, I made a pitstop at the Ontario Hooters to at least pick up some Hooters stuff for my daughter. When I say “I”, that was not exactly true. It was me an our corporate Quality Control Manager, who is female and in her late 50s. That was a bit uncomfortable explaining why I wanted to stop at Hooters. Luckily she and I had developed an “in the trenches” relationship when we both went to Orlando to help that warehouse out after the hurricanes in 2004. And even more luckily, she is not a traditionally conservative 50 something.  My wife still thought it was funny when I told her about when I got home.

We were both going to the airport to get home, and our flights were in about two hours. That meant there was not even time for a quick beer. So I went in, got a shirt for Jessi and we were on our way in less than 15 minutes. Not exactly the way I wanted to visit this restaurant, but a quickie is better than nothing.

Ontario