Hooters Banned in Boston?

Saugus Travel Blog

I had no trouble smiling here!

After a long plane ride from Denver to Boston, with a layover in Chicago, Margo and I were hungry and tired. We had an hour’s worth of driving to do until we got to our Concord, NH hotel. So what do tired and hungry people do? They go to Hooters. At least I do.

There is currently only one Hooters restaurant in the entire state of Massachusetts. I don’t exactly know why. Maybe Hooters is Banned in Boston. That was supposed to happen to racy plays or movies. That usually just got the event a lot of publicity and it did well were it did play. But, I meandering a bit here. The lone Bay State Hooters is in the Boston suburb of Saugus. As that is the general direction of out hotel for the night, Margo and I had decided before we left home (actually, I decided. Margo is basically along for the ride, and hopes I make a goofy face when I get my picture taken) that this is where we would eat dinner.

Our directions worked fine and we were quickly directed to a table in Tyler’s section. Margo and I were at once impressed with our Hooters waitress. Generally service is always pretty good, but Tyler went above and beyond. The place was packed. The Red Sox were the defending World Series champs (beating my Rockies in the 2007 Series), and tied at one game each in the American League Championship Series. Today happened to be an off day, while the Sox and Devil Rays rested. But, the Dodgers and Phillys were playing to see who would face the AL winner. Baseball Fever was running hot and the TVs were smokin’ Tyler was keeping up with us and many others.

I got up at the end of our meal to go to the bathroom. By the time I got back Margo had already asked Tyler if I could get a picture with her. Kudos for the wife! Not only did Tyler agree to the picture, but she started clapping. This drew many other Hooters girls around her. When the clapping had stopped and the picture was taken I was surrounded by eight very pretty girls. The photo was the best one yet.

Great time in Saugus. I even made a point of writing the Hooters in Saugus to thank them and Tyler for the effort!

photo by: mdalamers