I Didn't Know Hooters Could Move

Springdale Travel Blog

She has more practice smiling than I do

I took a trip, by myself, to visit my Dad’s family back in Ashland, KY. My best bet to fly in was Cincinnati. So I used that opportunity to visit the Hooters in Cincinnati. Well, at least I thought it was in Cincinnati.

The first three days of this trip were spent visiting family and cemeteries. I need to collect photos and information for a family history book I was writing. Then the last full day of the trip was all for me. I drove from Ashland, KY to Canton, OH to visit the Pro Football Hall of Fame and then drove to Cincinnati for the night, before flying home.

The trouble started when tired and hungry I arrived at the address for the Hooters in Cincinnati and found that it was closed, evidently permanently. Not willing to be denied my Hooters fix, I found a phone book, and discovered that there was a Hooters in Springdale, OH. Springdale is a northern suburb of Cincinnati. So with a city map in hand, I had a quest.

I found the establishment, and when I asked found out that this establishment opened right after the Cincinnati location closed. Very quickly I was consigned to Angela, to feed and nurture me for the next forty-five minutes. After a chicken breast (and what would you expect Hooters to serve for chicken?) sandwich and a couple of beers the troubles of the hour prior to my arrival were all behind me.

In my short conversation with Angela I found out she was student on summer break, and would be heading back to Ohio State University to work on her communications major. So much for the stereotype that Hooters Girls are dumb.

She has more practice smiling than…
She has more practice smiling tha…
Springdale