The time before you leave

Sydney Travel Blog

It's time.  The nervous energy builds as I prepare for the long trip ahead.  I've checked everything twice... then twice again... then a couple more twices.

It's been a strange lead up to the trip.  What was meant to be a quiet week to get ready has gone ballistic with activity.  First i end up doing night shifts at my casual job two days before leaving, making me very lethargic in my preparations.  Then the sudden change in the weather has me sniffling and hope beyond hope that i'm not picking up a flu before i go.

I went to the chemist for a quick fix remedy.  she has a theory that before a major trip you are so mentally relieved to finish work that your body relaxes and you'e more susceptible to the environment around you.  I'm not sure if this is meant to cheer me up or send me panicking.

Then last night, the night before I leave, our short film Whispers is shown at the Shortcuts Film Festival in western Sydney.  It was an awesome night and we pulled off a best cinematography award and the people's choice award.  Then a late night celebration of Pizza and i was back home, exhausted, and ready for bed.  Luckily daylight savings ended and i had an extra hour sleep.

So now its time to get ready.  I have everything... at least I think I have everything... and I'm just waiting anxieously to go to the airport and start my journey.

16,965 km (10,542 miles) traveled