'Rescue me' whined this poor dog

Vanersborg Travel Blog

At 9 o’clock in the morning we took the ferry from Horten to Moss and then we drove to Vänersborg.

We made ourselves at home in a neat bungalow on a campsite in Ursand near Lake Vänern, which is the largest lake in Sweden.

Later on something happened that was quite a shock but we helped to manage this situation pretty well: All of a sudden my grandma and I heard a whimpering dog close to our bungalow. Immediately we looked around and discovered this sad animal strangled with his leash around the side mirror of a parked pickup.

We sprinted to the receptionist, explained the situation with the help of wild gestures and hoped for a positive ending! … Minutes later the dog’s owner was found and he could rescue his dog.

A happy ending - we were pretty relieved but we didn't want to understand the act of not-lifting-a-finger by all the nearby people, who just stared out of the window! Of course, many people seemed to be interested in this situation but there's definitely no excuse for being a curious coward behind the curtain!

marksreynolds says:
Good job on the rescue!! Yeah, people suck!!! If you have a pet, you need to be responsible for it, and if you see an animal in need, you should help it! I don't understand how people can just do nothing and walk away!! You did good!!! Yeah for Kora!! :)))
Posted on: May 06, 2009