The exciting time begins

Trelleborg Travel Blog

Ferry port in Sassnitz

Early in the morning my grandparents and I started to Sassnitz, where we had planned to hop on the ferry to Trelleborg at 8.15am.

Great! Our summer holiday started off with fabulous weather and heaps of anticipation!

My grandparents had been to Scandinavia a few times before and had already told me stories that could have easily filled a storybook. So, and now it’s going to be my turn as well - how exciting, no doubt!

After we had arrived in Trelleborg we drove further to Malmo, Helsingborg and Jonkoping.

In the afternoon we came to our first accommodation that was a tiny hut with just two bunk beds in it. Lucky us, the warm season had already begun and the location near Lake Vättern, which is the second largest lake in Sweden, was lovely, too, so that it wasn’t necessary to sit inside all evening long.

We absolutely enjoyed Sweden’s beautiful scenery and fell into bed completely pleased!
WonderDog says:
This long time ago! Kora just a puppy?
Posted on: Sep 18, 2009
azsalsa says:
I have always wanted to visit Jonkoping. My mother has been writing to a penpal there for 59 years (she was in school at the time when they started writing). She has been there twice to visit him and his family and they have been to the U.S. twice in return. I'm hoping to travel there with my mom perhaps next year before she gets too old to go.
Posted on: Apr 12, 2009