See my Dad, catch the train!

Milford Travel Blog

My Dad, TJ of TJ's Package Store

Drove to Milford, CT, where I grew up and my Dad still lives.  He owns a liquor store across the street from the Milford Train Station.  It's convenient, because I can park my truck behind his store whenever i have to go into the city, and I also get to visit with him a little.  He doesn't understand why I'm going to Japan and China.   "Because it's there, I've never been there, and I have the opportunity!"  I cheerfully reply!  Really, do any of us have to have a reason to travel somewhere??   It's just something I love to do!   When I'm old and grey and on my deathbed, I'm not going to be thinking about how many roofs I sold back in '07.  (I'm a roofing salesman for Home Depot)  No, I'm going to be thinking about all the good times and adventures I had, traveling the world with my friends and family!  When it's my time to go, I don't want to have any regrets about the things I never did or the places I never saw.   The Great Wall and Forbidden City are on my list of things to see before I die, and now is as good a time as any!!

The Metro North train to New York was scheduled to arrive at 10:15, so I scurried across the street to catch it.  I bought my off-peak ticket from a vending machine on the platform, and within a minute the train pulled up.  I grabbed a window seat, and was on my way to NY!

Chokk says:
I can see where you got your great looks from :D
Posted on: May 19, 2007
AndiPerullo says:
Too bad you couldn't bring any of your Dad's liquor for the looong plane ride. ;-)

And NO, no one never needs a reason to travel!
Posted on: May 03, 2007
Aditu says:
I 100% agree with you, I have a friend who refuses to do anything because she saves for retirement. The way I look at I may not be here at that time and I'd rather see and do things now than when I can no longer get around.
Posted on: Apr 07, 2007