JFK to Narita Airport, outside Tokyo

Narita Travel Blog

Our flight was comfortable and without incident, just very L O N G !    I passed the time by watching 3 in flight movies, reading, and listening to my Ipod.   We were just behind the bulkhead, and there was a large screen there, and they showed us a birds-eye camera view of both the takeoff and landing.  Never saw that before, thought it was pretty cool...but I'd hate to be watching it if the plane ever crashed!  Once we arrived at Narita,  going through immigration and collecting our baggage was a's a very nice airport, and the Japanese are very helpful and polite.   We exchanged our dollars for yen, and caught a bus to where we will be staying, the New Otani Hotel in Tokyo!
ak1215 says:
I am planning to visit Japan and China at the same time in the end of year.. however, my planning is Taiwan, Osaka and Shanghai!! Hehe.. for the countries visiting we are the same.. for the cities visiting.. so different!! As I knew.. ppl from Tokyo and Osaka dislike each other.. and it's the same between Beijng and Shanghai.. ^_^
Posted on: Oct 28, 2007
WaltJake says:
We flew Japan Airlines (JAL) out of JFK in New York. Very pleasant airline, comfortable seats, decent food. I was going to post a video of the takeoff here, but the file is too big for Youtube!
Posted on: Jul 06, 2007
live2travel88 says:
I have to say that of all the airports I've ever been in, Japan has the nicest (and cleanest). I never got to see the take off or landing when I went, what airline did you fly?
Posted on: Jul 06, 2007