Arriving in Hong Kong

Hong Kong Travel Blog

On the bus

After my quick stop in Japan, it was off to Hong Kong for a couple of days.

I was staying very close to central in Kwoloon at the New Kwoloon hostel. It was pretty good considering how cheap it was to stay there. About $17 USD for 2 nights (can't beat that). So after I hoped off the plane, I took the Citiflyer A21 bus and about 13 stops later I got there at about 8pm. Now the building itself was Mirador Mansion, an old run down 16 floor building with several hostels/hotels and private appartments within but I thought to myself 'eh, it beat paying for a regular hotel'

Now I didn't know that there were other hostels so a lady quickly grab my arm and asked me if I'm looking for a place to stay I said yes but I have a reservation.

New Kwoloon Hostel (formely USA Hostel)
She looked at my reservation and said yes, we have your room. I got settled in a room we went downstairs and we negotiated a price which was oddly higher that what was quoted (about $35 USD for 2 nights) but I was tired and said fine. Then I started to walk around the building a little bit and I found that I was actually in the wrong place. The hostel I booked was 3 stories below me and they still had my reservation on file. I thought to myself "that old hag tricked me'. I explained to the hostel manager what happened and I was put into getting another room, he decided to go upstairs with me so I could get my money back. After arguying with the later for a couple of minute she finally decides to return all of my money and I was finally in the room I booked online.

The other place was called 'Wing Lee' or something like that and I would definitely stay away from them next time I find myself in hong Kong. As for my stay @ New Kwoolon Hostel, I was actually pretty good for the price.

On the bus
New Kwoloon Hostel (formely USA Ho…
New Kwoloon Hostel (formely USA H…