Brisbane

Brisbane Travel Blog

Well what have I been up to since my last entry? Apart from looking for work EVERY day and getting nowhere..i've been to COOLANGATTA beach which was such a great day. I had dreamt of being on an Australian beach at this time last year so I am thankful to God for letting me fulfill that dream. Ive also been attending a church and have got to know people really well and they have been very kind and friendly.

So, although Im loving being away from home, being around travellers, experiencing different things down under than back home...it seems my job search is not going anywhere. For those of you that dont know, I had originally planned to travel down the east coast for 6 weeks so when I booked my tickets, my returning flight was going to be 14th April and it still is. The plan was when I got a job, I would change the date which could be up untill March 2010. HOWEVER, having not found any work in Brisbane, im probably going to go to Sydney on Monday (Arriving Tuesday) and look for work for a few days and if nothing is found ill have to come back on the 14th sadly.

As a Christian I do believe it must all be for a reason but its very annoying and dissapointing even though i've experienced alot here from living in the bush around kangaroos, a big snake, crazy looking birds and insects (oh and i nearly drove over an Emu-a big bird- which was standing in the middle of the road). Then I have seen the city of brisbane and been in the sea where there was big waves and I guess ill see Sydney soon as well.

I will just have to wait and see what happens but it certainly hasn't gone as planned!