Rishikesh

Rishikesh Travel Blog

Rishikesh is my favorite place in the whole of North India. I presently live in Delhi but have lived in Rishikesh for 6years, and I love this city like anything. I plan as many trips as possible to Rishikesh, and have taken some of my friends along me at times, and total strangers also sometimes.

I made this trip in September, with some of my friends. We went through Mussoorie and finally landed in Rishikesh. I also went to my childhood school (after 10-12) years and it felt great. Had a bath in the Holy Ganges, and luch at one of the best restaurants. In the night, we stayed by the riverside in the camps, and it was an amazing experience.
Everything is so natural about this place that you forget all other things. Your tension and stress just fades away seeing the natural beauty of this place. From the spirituality point of view, there is no better place in the whole of India than Rishikesh. It is also a centre for Yoga and meditation, though I haven't done much of it.

Next day we did the rafting from 27 kilometers upstream of Rishikesh. We went by bus and reached marine drive. From there, our river rafting started towards Rishikesh.It was really an amazing experience, and I would recommened everyone to do this if you go to Rishikesh. There were rapids like Golf Course, Roller Coaster, Body Surfing etc along with Cliff Jumping. Overall, it was a very nice experience. After completing the rafting, we came back to Delhi, back to the city, the traffic, the noise, the pollution.

I miss Rishikesh

Rishikesh Hostels review
Camp along Ganges in Rishikesh
If you don't like the noise, pollution, traffic etc of the city, and want to live in the nature and by the nature, don't miss a night's stay in the ca… read entire review