What a day today has been...

Amsterdam Travel Blog

Do you ever have one of “those days” where it seems that the universe is playing one huge practical joke on you.  This was one of those days.  It wasn’t all bad, but boy at moments is seemed that way.

The day began with me running later than expected.  Once I got to work the craziness of a new fiscal year and putting software changes into a mature system hit.  The details are boring to most, but it was exciting for me and the development/support team, not to mention the users.  We were able to pull it all together and get things up and running.  Not everyone was happy with all the responses, but it ran more smoothly than the previous year (knock on wood).

On the personal side, Brian was flying to Vienna in the morning and we were going to meet that night when I arrived. Thanks to SkyEurope and an estimated delayed departure time of 13:30 for a 9:00 flight he never made it to Vienna.  The funny thing is that morning he had made a comment about not feeling like going on this trip.  Be careful what you put out in the universe, it has a strange sense of timing to give you what you want.  SO with Brian having missed the flight and not finding and alternative, I am now on this trip alone.  I will make the best of it.

Looking back on the day I needed to take stock of the good points.

1. Work problems were identified and solved in a reasonable time
  2. Took a taxi to the airport instead of taking the train as usual (less schlepping of bags)
  3. Austrian air is made for tall people so I had lots of room
  4. Got to focus on some work on the plan and really make some progress
  5. Enjoyed reading my most recent book “Out Stealing Horses” by Per Petterson
  6. Nice comfortable hotel room
  7. Fantastic Viennese potato soup for dinner
  8. Vienna is a beautiful city
  9. I get to see Vienna, Salzburg, and Innsbruck before heading to Poland
alicegourmet says:
I did go to Vienna Salzburg and Innsbruck! Those are very beautiful cities!
Posted on: Apr 08, 2009