Touring around Toronto...

Toronto Travel Blog

Toronto University
The next day was going to be the last before we had to "work"... (the school brought us to Canada to work for a couple of hours at the No-Dig show... that's what I call a deal!), so I had the chance to walk by Toronto downtown. It was cold, but not unbearably cold, it reminded me of January in Chihuahua.

The first stop was the Royal Ontario Museum. We gave a 2 hr tour of the museum and went through the China, Japan, Korea, Canada, Europe, Americas, Africa, Middle East and Egypt rooms (pretty much the whole world!) and also the natural history room. One funny thing is that I got the chance to wear a medieval helmet and a stick... it was fun, but I couldn't stand it for more than 5 minutes! Lol

Then we walked by Toronto University... it was so beautiful. I've never been to England, but some of the buildings reminded me of pictures I have seen from London.

After that, we went to the chinatown, since my chinese friend wanted to show me some authentic chinese food. We had dumplings and wanton soup, it was delicious! I was a little unsure of eating them with warm soy milk (as chinese do), but finally I tried, and it was good actually.

Later at night I went seeing a friend I haven't seen in a long time and we had some beers at the hotel bar... next day I had to work, but who cares! I had a great time in Toronto!
montecarlostar says:
Yeah, I really didn't want to do it, but my friend ordered it for me! I gotta say it was a pleasant surprise! I never thought that warm soy milk would be a good companion for something like dumplings.
Posted on: Jun 05, 2009
Connie says:
I'm so happy you enjoyed the warm soy milk. I can never get my friends to try it!
Posted on: Jun 05, 2009