REAL Travel Day STRESS-Day 2 MUCH BETTER!!

Gibsonton Travel Blog

Did not Freak-OUT the first 6 times I reentered it, 7th time was the charm.

05:07am
I
 just tried to do the online check-in, British Airways site say’s my record locater incorrect.  Did not Freak-OUT the first 6 times I reentered it, 7th time was the charm.  Called Orbtiz, spent 5 minutes pushing #’s on the phone & repeating Louder & LOUDER I NEED TO TALK TO A REAL PERSON! Explain the problem as calmly as I can which was no easy task in my present state. The nice lady put me on hold, when she returns says the problem is the ticket is booked under Old School Bill, ask if that is the name on my passport, which of course it is not, puts me on hold Again to call BA, blood pressure going up while on hold, neighbor calls says loud pencil taping noise made the dog bark waking up baby who will not go back to sleep “Have a nice trip As- ----!!”.  Rep comes back says BA not open for 1 hr & 25 minutes, call Orbtiz back & they will try to fix.

OHM OHM everything will be OK, Will let you know at 07:00 my time, what happened wish me luck!!   Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.  ~Richard Carlson
Everything will be OK
EveryBody NOW Sing it with Me!!
07:09 am
Called Orbitz back, put back on hold the dog started barking again, wait for what seems hours.  Orbitz lady comes back on & says we have two Options as BA will not change the name on the ticket. Orbitz lady says call back & talk to Orbitz International department which does not open till 09:00 am or just rebook at a much higher cost and And she said of course there would be no refund on the screwed up ticket.  I don’t like either option so I chose the callback option for now!!  I will keep you informed.
07:38
Screw it I am headed to the  Airport talk to BA with Old School Hat & Laptop
& BEGGGGGGG!!
Wish me Luck!!
09:15
Just got back from TIA no one at BA ticket counter till 15:00 I am going nutzzz!!  On hold to Orbitz International Deptartment again!!  Going to check Tampa to Amsterdan flight just in case!!

10:50am
Dear Mr Old School Dumb Ass
Good day.

Repeating Louder & LOUDER I NEED TO TALK TO A REAL PERSON

This is David, the supervisor from Orbitz that you were able to talk to this morning about your tickets with British Airways. I am sending this email since your phone has been on a busy tone for the last 20 minutes.
I called British Airways and I regret to inform that name change is not permitted. They, however, presented the following two options:
1. Cancel the reservation and have the international taxes. Full refund is not an option since this is a nonrefundable ticket, or
2. Rebook the same itinerary using current fares and then refund the old ticket amount with a 20.00 USD processing fee.
I apologize but we are only limited to these options.
Thank you for your patience and for your time.
Sincerely Yours,
David/64291
11:05am

Just got off the phone with a very nice lady from British Airways who was very helpful & put my real name & e-mail address which starts with starts with oldschoolbill & agreed with me that I am not too bright on my BA info.  She said the options are the person at the check in counter will also agree that I am a dumb ass & let me board. Or I don’t like this one, cancel & reissue at the last minute price which is 3.5 time the price of the ticket I screwed up.  Whatever happens I will be in Amsterdam just like beforemaybe just with considerably less money.
Nothing will stop the Planes Trains & Automobiles 2009 OSB & TUGA’s European Vacation
See everyone soon!!
11:20
Tuga just called back still laughing with tears running down his face saying he hurt his knee when he fell off his chair the first time, you just gotta love Good friends!!
Have Fun!!
15:45
Tampa International Airport
I made it to the gate will worry about the return in a couple of weeks.

Please please check all e-tickets as soon as you you print them out.

Get Ready AMSTERDAM ‘Cause I Come
17:00
British Airways flight 2166 is delayed. Departure from Tampa International (TPA) is now estimated at 6:55PM.Please note this does not change your original check-in time. Primary traveler name:OLDSCHOOL BILL.
17:30
British Airways flight 2166 is delayed. Departure from Tampa International (TPA) is now estimated at 7:01PM.Please note this does not change your original check-in time. Primary traveler name:OLDSCHOOL BILL. Your Orbitz record locator for this trip is A
April 02
London Gatwick
All is well!!I am in Gatwick Airport waiting for flight to Amsterdam.  Got lots of sleep.  Going to have BIG FUNN!!

Please be careful My Friends when making reservations so you don’t have this *&^%$#$%^&* stress on what should be a great day!!

oldschoolbill says:
Thanks, it was not funny at the time I thought I was going to have buy another ticket. 1st-Old School Last-Bill
Posted on: Jul 21, 2009
azsalsa says:
Dealing with airline personnel is a b****. I should know, I've been in the business for 25 years (some of it with British Airways! :-) Glad you seem to have gotten it straightened out. If they give you trouble on the return, just wave your outbound boarding pass in their face and say,"They let me fly out with this ticket!" Good luck on the rest of your trip, have fun and stay safe!
Posted on: Apr 02, 2009
gimpel says:
Now bill welcome to the Netherlands, enjoy Amsterdam and have a nice time in Europe.It was good to met you at the airport.

grts richard.
Posted on: Apr 02, 2009
Did not Freak-OUT the first 6 time…
Did not Freak-OUT the first 6 tim…
Please be careful My Friends when …
Please be careful My Friends when…
Repeating Louder & LOUDER I NEED T…
Repeating Louder & LOUDER I NEED …