A few more days in Brisbane

Brisbane Travel Blog

A House

Today I traveled into Brisbane where I planned to spend another 4 nights, which is what I did. After meeting a friend at the airport we went into the City and found accommodation. After this we went to explore Brisbane a bit and of course, some shopping, which is basically what I did for the next 3 days. On the Friday I was convinced to go to the cinema, which is pretty hard to do as I simply don’t really like the cinema. I think this was the 4th time since 1995 that I had gone to see a movie in the cinema… and please don’t start with the… you just have to see it on the BIG screen, because I don’t and if you want to argue… I’ll simply start critiquing the cinematics of the film and exactly what I don’t like about it and my whole cinema experience… In the end, each to their own!

I also spent a day at South Bank on the south side of the Brisbane River opposite the city. This area was used in 1988 for the World Expo held in Brisbane and since then the sight was redeveloped into park lands with restaurants, shops and landscaped gardens, which also includes a very nice swimming area, complete with a beach and different areas to cater for adults and children. There is also many cultural things here also and it is generally a nice area to spend a day. The latest attraction there is known as the Eye of Brisbane, which is a very modern Ferris wheel. Apparently the views are very spectacular, but I didn’t venture onto it this time.

I also managed to find a few little Australian gift shops, with an assorted range of little things, which I thought the girls might enjoy, so I just had to buy a few things, which I will send over to them. I just couldn’t resist… LOL!

Two things I really noticed on this trip to Brisbane is that, One… Prices are very expensive in Brisbane, I thought is was generally more expensive 3 & ½ years ago when I was here, but now it’s double that! And Two… every second food shop is a Sushi Bar… seriously!!!

A Church