Start of my trip

Caboolture Travel Blog

Today I started my short 1 week sort of vacation by taking the Tilt Train from Bundaberg to my first stop over in Caboolture. I was staying here for a couple of nights with my Aunt and Uncle. The ride in the Tilt Train was my first on this train, which is well known in this part of Queensland as it travels from Brisbane to Rockhampton (where I used to live) daily, and at times at speeds of up to 160 kilometres per hour. It is actually a relaxing trip and nice ride. I got my laptop out for most of the trip and did some of my volunteer work and also watched part of a movie.

After I arrived in Caboolture my Uncle picked me up and then a little later we picked up my Aunt from work and then went and saw my cousin. This I had been looking forward too as it meant I got to meet 3 month old Maddison. I was not disappointed at seeing the latest edition and yes I did get a little bit clucky, especially when I gave her a bottle. But the cluckiest one was my Uncle, very sweet to see.

After this I was treated to my Uncles home cooking and tonight he had decided to cook a Thai Chicken Curry and it did not disappoint one bit.

Caboolture