Car Towing and Car Jacking - all within 1 hour!

Los Angeles Travel Blog

I just about flipped out last night. After a long week at work, and an excruciating hour and a half to go less than 10 miles from Westwood to Downtown LA, I arrived at my apartment to find someone parked in my spot that I pay no less than 125 smackaroos a month for.

So I had that sucker towed.

I'm hanging out with the security guards waiting for the towtruck to arrive when this girl pulls up with a cell phone glued to her ear and asks for parking. There is no parking where I live, but the guards are nice enough to let her hang out in this area by the guardshack for her friend. I'm still chatting away with one of the guards and still waiting for the tow truck to arrive, about 20 minutes pass and this girl is still glued to her cell phone but realized she may be at the wrong building. She steps out of her car, with cell phone still glued to her ear, and leaves her door open - and takes the 5 steps to reach the guard shack.

The phone rings in the guard shack.

We all turn to look at the phone, and all of a sudden, we hear a door slam and an engine rev. I look behind me and don't see the girl's car. But the girl is still here. WHAT IS GOING ON?

Some dude JUMPED into her car, just as she got out, and TOOK OFF WITH IT. While 2 security guys and I are standing there, and the saddest part is that we didn't see ANYTHING. That's how quick it happened!

LA never ceases to amaze me (in a bad way).
jenn79 says:
Yeah =( LA is such a dump.. =)
Posted on: Dec 04, 2007
X_Drive says:
That really sounds like "life" today. People feel they can do whatever they please.
Posted on: Dec 04, 2007