Running Errands and Dinner w/My Parents *Gulp*

Torrance Travel Blog

Brett and I had some errands to run so we decided to get them out of the way early in the day so I could work at Mom's house for awhile and then get ready so we could take my parents to dinner.  We had an early reservation for the Melting Pot in Torrance since my Dad has to get up at the crack of dawn for work.  I was incredibly nervous about this dinner since at some point, Brett was going to have to let it drop that we were getting married next year.  No pressure there.  :-)

We checked out of our hotel, went to breakfast at one of my favorite places, King's Hawaiian Bakery in Torrance and then finished off our errands so we would still be hungry by dinner time.

We headed off to dinner and had a really good time.

We brought some wine and managed to get my parents to drink a little which is shocking since neither of them do.  I had been around my Mom for 24 hours at this point but she didn't even notice the ring yet....perhaps she was trying not to.  HAHA.

After dinner, we ordered some dessert wine with our fondue and Mom really enjoyed that.  Once we got her a little more liquored up, we dropped the bomb and she actually took it better than I expected.  Dad already figured it out but Mom hadn't.  So, whew, all over now....we could go back to being normal (normal as normal gets) and enjoy the rest of our weekend.  Mom did thank me for waiting until after dinner..I told her I didn't want to ruin her meal.  LOL.  And they liked Brett....so that is all that matters! :-)

Torrance Hotels & Accommodations review
Average Accomodations
We arrived late at night and needed a hotel but had trouble finding a reasonably priced hotel in the Torrance area. Typically, hotels seem to be high… read entire review
Torrance