Financial District and Ground Zero

Manhattan Travel Blog

After getting off the Staten Island Ferry, we wandered around the park area there a bit and then made our way over to the Financial District and Wall Street.  You could actually walk in front of Wall Street which was new Brett said since the last time he was there.  It was rather sad to see how protected and closed off things had to be to be ready for future terrorist attacks but obviously, better to be prepared than caught off guard.

I think this was one of the prettiest areas of New York I had seen.  I loved all the court houses, Wall Street itself, and the park area around the Ferry was gorgeous.  There was a statue there that was originally located at the World Trade Center and the moved it here after the 9/11 attacks.  It was indescribable to see the damage it sustained after the attacks but amazed it was still pretty well in tact.

One of the highlights for me on this venture was seeing the ticker tapes and all the ones for the NY Yankees. HAHA.  Brett is not a NY Yankees fan and in fact, despises them since he's a die hard Met's fan.  His brother is a Yankee's fan so I made sure to get a pic of Brett by every ticker tape which he wanted to probably kill me for.  HAHA.

Manhattan