Departing Sacto

Sacramento Travel Blog

Can't believe the day is here...leaving already to go see my honey and NYC for the first time. Trying to block out the purpose of the week though so I don't make myself more nervous than I have to be.  We get a few days and then I meet his parents.....yikes!

All packed and almost on time to leave for once.  Had to hurry since I was actually checking a bag this time.  Wish I had not though as United Airlines now charges for the 1st bag you check - even on coast to coast flights.  I can see Sacramento to LA or something but c'mon....go coast to coast with no checked luggage!?!?!?!  Especially considering my flight from Sac to LA first was a small plane - no one's luggage would fit in the overhead compartments anyways - my laptop bag was almost too big! Southwest doesn't charge still for the first two pieces of checked luggage and sorry UAL...I won't be flying you anymore.  It's not so much the cost, it's more the principle of the matter.

And true to UAL form, things were screwed up at the gate as the plane that was to leave before mine headed to Denver was having engine trouble and they were working to fix it but no other planes so these poor people had been waiting for hours.

kmmcab says:
Congratulation on your feature.
Sacramento Taxi
Posted on: Jan 08, 2012
KeikoCreative says:
Hey Erin, congrats on your featured! How are u? Missing u:)
Posted on: Apr 23, 2009
Biedjee says:
congrats on your feature!
Posted on: Apr 23, 2009