Central Park, Time Square & Broadway

New York Travel Blog

Couldn't resist!

So today we discovered the subway and how to use it, thank god as my feet couldn't take another day of walking everywhere!

We came back 'over ground' at St Columbus Circle and in the hunt for food (breakfast) we ventured into the Time Warner Centre and ended up spending a small fortune in Armani, bit silly as we were spending the day in Central Park so then had to carry bags everywhere, but none of us could resist the pull of shopping, not even my dad!

Then onto Central Park - wow! I knew this place was big but your still not prepared for everything it's got in it! I loved every minute spent here. We started off with a play on the rocks, standard Dennis fun! Then wandered around up to the lake, Dad wanted to visit a number of art galleries and the Guggenheim so he went off while the rest of us hired a rowing boat on the lake. It was a great laugh and I'd defiantly recommend it.

There are so many statutes around the park, many of which we wanted to hunt down, personal favorites were Alice in Wonderland and Hans Christian Anderson, both by the Conservatory Pond.

Little bit of shopping
Then a bit more strolling with a must have hotdog for lunch - when in New York and all!

We met back up with Dad and headed back to the subway, on the way we visited Strawberry Fields, and what an odd place. There were people weeping at John Lennon's Imagine memorial and a strange group of what looked like homeless people hanging around and making sure no one messed it up. Very strange.

That evening we went up to Time Square to watch a show and it is a must see. The place was so busy and all the buildings look fantastic all lit up. We went and saw Spamalot (see review below) and it was brilliant, so so funny!

An absolutely brilliant day!

Couldnt resist!
Couldn't resist!
Ma and Pa on a bridge
Ma and Pa on a bridge
And shes stuck
And she's stuck
Believe it or noy, I am the oldest!
Believe it or noy, I am the oldest!
Adam first
Broadway
Broadway
New York Sights & Attractions review
Hilarious!!!!
As a massive Monty Python fan I was really excited to see that this was on during our trip. And it lived up to all expectations. All of us (me, my … read entire review
New York