Exciting Geneva

Geneva Travel Blog

Things to do in Geneva

1. Paragliding

Once in a lifetime experience. I was lucky to go when there was a discount(100chf, normally it would be 150 chf). I guess because of the discount there were a huge line so i had to wait about 2 hours or more...The parapent club is located in la Saleve....we take a van up to the mountain and there's a trained teacher who jumps with you. It is really safe and easy ... all u have to do is run at the beginning and just enjoy the view. even people in wheelchairs were doing it. One thing which I didn't expect was getting airsick. I usually do get sick when I ride rollercoasters and paragliding is kind of like riding a rollercoaster. So do not eat anything before u go!

2. La Fete de la Musique

3. Rafting

4. Eat Fondue & Raclette

I love the fondue here. I tried the original cheese version and the chinese version. Both are great! But it is very heavy so most Swiss people do not eat fondue in the summertime.

The raclette is just ok.

5. Geneva Parade

The Geneva Parade was crazy! I never saw this side of Geneva. It was a mixture of gay parade + holloween.

I went to the Bateau Geneve on the Lake,where they had live music...so everyone was dancing on the boat...especially guys..and some even got so drunk they took off their clothes and jumped off the boat!!

6. Fete de Geneve