Pamukkale Travel Blog› entry 8 of 23 › view all entries
February 2nd, 2009 – by: gwizzle17
I had a fabulous weekend. Here's what I did:
- Went to a dance club to celebrate the end of final exams with AIESECers. It was a lot of fun, and I was happy to find that I like Turkish music.
- Arrived in Pamukkale to one of the prettiest hotels I've seen.
- Swam in a thermal pool and used the mineral-enriched mud as a beautifier. =)
- Took a Turkish bath.
- Saw a bellydancing show! It was just one girl and it wasn't as authentic as I would've liked, but still, it was pretty cool.
- While the parents enjoyed their high school reunion, us kids hung out in our hotel room, drinking Efes and talking all night.
- Walked around a huge ancient city, Hierapolis.
- Saw Pamukkale and the white travertines, which also held thermal water. It was really beautiful. And it was my host family's first time seeing it too, so that was fun. Tugce and I climbed around in them, enjoying the warm water.
- Went to a Turkish village. Everything I ate after breakfast on Sunday was grown and made by my host father's uncle. It was absolutely delicious. Later, I also got to taste freshly milked milk, warm and with sugar. It was also really good.
Ok, that was supposed to be my condensed version, but oh well. =) Sadly, I leave at the end of this week. =( But I got the week off from the schools, so I'll get to just hang out and have fun.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!