Cesme Travel Blog› entry 5 of 23 › view all entries
January 25th, 2009 – by: gwizzle17
Yesterday I fell down in the streets of Izmir.
Other fun things I did this weekend:
- Finished work at school #1. Still waiting to see what, if any, school I will be going to next.
- Accepted a car ride from Tugce's neighbors whom I hadn't met. It was pouring rain, and they saw me walking off to the bus stop. They didn't speak English, and I don't speak Turkish, but somehow we arranged for them to take me to the center of town to catch the bus. It was nice.
- Hung out with AIESEC people and attended my first meeting in a foreign country. Both fun. Except I didn't understand a single thing in the meeting.
- Went to a beautiful seaside resort area of Izmir, Cesme. Izmir is huge. I keep forgetting that. Cesme was beautiful. I won't forget that.
- Met my host grandparents. They were cute. =)
Overall it was a good weekend, except for the fall and the fact that my stomach has been really uneasy. I really don't feel very good. I'm supposed to start work at my new school tomorrow, but I will stay home and rest instead.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!