the excursion!

Moreni Travel Blog

The water treatment plant

Today 1ste of april. A new day has born. Not another school day, but a excursion had been planned. So we gethered around 9 o’clock at the postoffice in the centre of the town.

Oana had brought me my sandwitches with salami, cheese and a vegetable (don’t know the english word for it). The excursion started with a long drive trought the mountians. The Dutch and the Polish people were in one van, the Italian and Swedich people in one, and in the third van there were only Romanian people. It was nice. Because they were very kind. But in the beginnig a bit quite.

The first stop was the water treatment plant, the installation to clean to water to drinking water and industrial water.

We went up on a little iron staircase to watch how the chemical reaction they made to clean the water looked like. You saw much greenish water, with on the sides of a little wall, much waste like mud or something. Then the water is pumped in concrete bunker, and there is goes trough diffrent layers of sand, and then they put chlorine in it to clean the last bit of contamination. It is clean after that, but for us people it isn’t still clean enought to drink it without problems, so we still have to buy bottle of water. But for the people her, the water is good enough and they can get it clean without all the very expensive machines, and methods. So that’s really cool to see.

Then drove another bit, to the slides that can hold the water of the river, or can let it stream trough them. It was a nice few. Then the operaters let the slides open especially for us to sse how much water can stream trough it! It was very cool!

And then the third stop was the dam.

It was the dam that helped getting the water to the water treatment plant. It was very very cool, but it was very cloudy so i couldn’t see much. I did made pictures but you can’t see much of it. It’s very weird to see, that in countries like america everything is very good secured, but here you can just fall in. So we had to be very careful, and one of our Romanian teachers was very afraid and said that we made her happy if we didn’t got close to the edge :P  so we didn’t so that, fo her sake  :P she’s the only Romanian teacher that speaks English very very well. So she translated the operaters at the slides, and also the people at the dam.

Then we started the drive to the oil-museum in Ploiestri. It was nice, but a bit dry. All the students need to go to the bathroom, so she woman that did the presentation had to wait, but she didn’t so the half of the students didn’t heard a thing.

The lab
I also got the idea that somepeople don’t want to be here for the project, but just for the vacation. I really liked the subject, and therefor i went to Romania. Not just for vacation, i mean hello! Do you know what i have to catch up when I am at home!

Then we went to the centre of Ploiestri there we went shopping. But the malls are very expensive. And we saw like tree stores in the way to the mall. And jenny and i wanted to go there, but Ioana the host of my two friends didn’t wanted to go. So jenny and i went together. I bought there a white dress, and i got a purse for free. And then jenny got a gilet, it was very nice. But they were like fitting exactly so we don’t can getting fatter because then we will not fit i our new (dress) and (gilet) :P

On the trip home to Moreni, we teached a Dutch song to the Polish people in our van.

And the other way around. We really liked it! And it was very funny.

When we got back we just kept on shopping in moreni. We went to some clothing stores. The first didn’t had much nice things, but after the second stopre it was getting better. I had found a great jacket, but i was to big for it, also the same with other t-shirts. I also had still 24 lei left, but all the shirts were 42 so that didn’t helped me :P finally i found this cool necklace with a platic mickey-mouse head. So now i also have to find something of 13 lei to spend all my money. In holland i have no used to it!

When we got home, we ate. And after dinner we went to a friends house that like lived behind her. She was very nice. She didn’t talked English so somethings were a bit difficult. But most of the time we taught eachother words of the other languages.

Now i am gonna do something to make me ready to eat and then i’m gonna sleep!!!!!! Yeahhh sleep i’m tired!

Good night, noapte buna!