The departure!

Amsterdam Travel Blog

my bag is already packed

Today 4th of April. I woke up at 9.30. I made myself ready, and packed my bag. It was so sad, that everything was for the last time. Like the last time I had breakfast with Oana, last time I saw her grandparents, last time I saw her mother. Everything was for the last time.

We were a bit early so we sat down outside on the bench, just enjoying the sun. her grandfather was planting potatoes. He didn’t speak English but trough Oana he said, that we were doing nothing and that he was tired so that he would sit with us, if we didn’t mind.

After 10 minutes our something, oana’s mother came to say goodbye to me, because she had to bring the car to Ploiestri to get it repaired. That was also the reason that I had to walk to the post office.

something to eat at the airport
It wasn’t far, and it was beautiful weather, so I didn’t mind.

At the post office, I was the first to arrive of the students. My teachers were already there. So I sat down with them and waited for the others.

When everyone was there we said goodbye and got in the van. We waved till our arms were tired, and then we were a bit quite for the 2 hours in the car.

After two hours we arrived in Bucaresti. We went immediately to the airport. We checked in, lunched in the terminal, and went to the gate. The airport was very little, so it wasn’t hard to find our gate. At 14.20 we stood by the gate, and first was business class, and then we could walk to the plane. The plane was for the half full. Very strange to see. Because when I usually go with a plane, it is in a vacation.

We came across the Italians at the airport
Many people are going with you then. But now it wasn’t a vacation, and it was a flight from Romania to Amsterdam. So not many people were in the plane! We weren’t all seated in one row. And we did wanted to be. But when the plane was in the air, Jenny, Sulima and Assil went sitting somewhere else, because there were enough seats free. I sat at the aisle, next to Melek, and next to her was Mathilde. We watched pictures, and I put all the pictures of everyone on my laptop, so that I could burn then on a disc when I’m back home.

Before I knew it, we were in Amsterdam. Hello the Netherlands *and ofcourse it was cloudy!). We went to the bagagehall, and there we waited on our luggage. Many parents of people were already there. But my parents weren’t they just got into the car. So I went walking to the kiss and drop zone, at the entrance of Schiphol. It didn’t had to wait long for my parents but I couldn’t really say them hello. But however, I was home. A week in Romania had made so may impressions that I will be thinking of it for many weeks!

something to eat at the airport
We came across the Italians at the…
We came across the Italians at th…
the apple tree of Oana