why ouro preto is sooo fantastic

Ouro Preto Travel Blog

wow this is going to get ugly

Ouro preto proved to be my favorite visit in Brazil.  Yea it doesn't have the beautiful beaches of Rio de Janerio, or the tall urban sprawl of Sao Paolo, but wow, it was fantastic.

The night started out in a bar, chit chatting with some local students from a university.  It turns out that it was the two hundred seventy fifth anniversary of the founding of ouro preto.  Point being there was a huge party, that was sort of like a giant nightclub.  So we're drinking, and we get invited to head to a nearby town to go forro, which is a dance, that is sort of fun, well you get to make out , its a good thing.  So begins one of the stupider chapters of my life.  So we drive out to the country to go forro.

robert wearing my glasses... sexy
  It was fun, and I met a nice girl who lived in belo horizonte named fernanda.  Its a good thing.  We're now orkut friends.

So we're dancing, and sally has a fit so we have to leave, and head back to ouro preto.  Well the driver was not sober and we ended up driving through a cow field, and somehow I survived for the rest of the night.

Meanwhile sally is angry and goes to bed, so me and klaton and robert and paula go out to hit the town, and ouro preto was fucking fantastic.  Turns out that people from all over brazil came to visit.  Me and klaton found these twins and got lucky.  We got kicked out of their hotel room at around five in the morning while all the night clubs were letting out, and there were still a ton of people left out, the best part of the night was the hot dog we had to detoxify us.  Wow ouro preto, your awesome!

starting the morning off right