The Great Eight & Green Day!

Kansas City Travel Blog

I suppose this meetup would be categorized as a mini-meetup. We had a few no-shows, but ended up with 8 great peeps. I had meetings all day and returned to my hotel about 3:00 in the afternoon. Mark was picking me up at 6, so I had 3 hours to kill in the Westin hotel lounge. Not a problem...Corona kept me company! It was also interesting to watch 2 NCAA college teams check into the hotel who were playing in the KC region at the Sprint Center (I could see the hotel lobby from the bar).

Mark and Dalmia were right on time. It was great to see Mark again and to meet a new TB (Dalmia). Things were off to a good start, except that I had committed a TB cardinal sin...I forgot to bring my camera!!! Well, I had my Blackberry, but it requires a steady hand to get clear pictures.

..and after a few Coronas (and lots of wine to come), my hand wasn't too steady. So, I have borrowed pictures from Mark.

This was the third time we had a meetup at Raglan's in KC at the Power & Light District, so it always brings back great memories. Of course, Raglan's being an Irish pub, this place was packed!!! People had been partying all day. We weren't sure if we could even get a table, but the Irish luck was on our side tonight. We found a table upstairs to accommodate all of us, and it also had a perfect view. The three of us ordered some food while we waited for the rest of the party. Traci (rtbabe38), Steve, and Kelli were the first to meet us, then Lola (itslola) and finally Tony (smilingpanda). One of our local TBs, Natalia, unfortunately couldn't make it.

So, without giving all the details, we had a blast and celebrated like pros. After we left Raglan's, Mark, Lola, Dalmia, and I had breakfast at Denny's. I think Mark dropped me off at the hotel sometime around 4 in the morning. It won't be long until our next KC meetup...Lola, Dalmia, and I have bdays 5 days apart in April. Can't wait to see you all again!!! Now if we could just get Bennie (April 1) and Yadi (April ?) to come.

Dalmia says:
Fun times! Looking forward to Round 2! :)
Posted on: Mar 25, 2009